Thursday, September 20, 2012

India's Chances in World T20 2012

Indian team during 2007 T20 World Cup
Indian Team have started their campaign in the 2012 T20 World Cup. T20 which is a format in which you can expect the unexpected. So when we look back at the previous t20 world cups and india's performance, nothing bright can be said about it leaving the inaugral t20 world cup in 2007 which India won. So what to expect from India in this t20 world cup?

If we see India's batting order first, In the top order sehwag and gambhir will open the innings. Openers have to play a major role if india needs to reach the semifinals. Seeing the experience they both have they should be able to play their role but at the same time the wayward approach they have shown in the 1st match is highly irresponsible and they both need to plan their game according to situation. Now going to the middle order, 1st name which comes is Kohli and he can play quality innings against any opponent and under any situation. Yuvraj is also back and he can change the game from any situation + he is also very useful with ball. MS Dhoni and Raina can finish the game very well. Rohit Sharma is also back in the form but the worry is will he be able to score runs in pressure situation, only time will tell.

Coming now to the bowling. So much talk is going on about playing 5 bowlers in the playing 11. I would say that it would be better to leave this to the captain and let him decide if he is comfortable in playing a 7-4 combination or a 6-5 combination. Zaheer Khan is the main bowler but is he the right choice for the t20 format? Stats don't show great numbers for Zaheer in the t20 format. Irfan pathan is looking in great rhythm and has got different varieties. Balaji and dinda are also equally good. Ashwin is spinning the ball well and he reads the batsman's mind before and bowls accordingly. Harbhajan is a very experienced bowler but his form in the recent past is a worry and he has also not played enough international matches in recent past.

At the end i would like to say that we should just sit and watch to see what happens in the coming matches. Whatever team we have got is not a worry but if every Individual gives his 100% , I assure you that no one can stop India from becoming World T20 Champions again.

No comments:

Post a Comment